Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Reasons Why I Love My Husband

Let's just give a shout out to my wonderful husband. Jake has been so great this past month, with all the changes of moving and the challenges of a new job, and I just want to acknowledge him for that.

First off, it's the little things that count. Today I had to go home early from work because I've gotten sick, apparently. (It's hard to edit with a headache, go figure) Now we only have one car right now, so this means Jake had to come get me and take me home, which took up his entire lunch break and also a little more so that meant he had to stay late at work. So I felt bad for asking him to come get me, but he didn't complain, he just came to the rescue.

Then he called me on his way home and heard how awful I sounded, so he offered to stop for dinner. And being the awesome husband he is, he stopped at Zupas and got me my favorite tomato basil soup. So good! I felt much better afterwards, no lie. And now we really need groceries, so he went to the store for us so we don't starve. Awah.

And this is silly, but Jake knows that I really don't like cherry flavored candy (left over child-medicine issue) so when he brought some fun-size starbursts home from work, I got totally bummed every time I opened one and saw there were two red ones. So the next day, when he packed me some in my lunch, he opened them all so he could make sure there were no red ones in there. I mean, seriously who thinks of stuff like that. What a sweetheart!

Another thing, if you don't know this about Jake, he is totally an introvert. Like someone mentioned to me that they tried to talk to me after church and we were already gone. He's just like, alright, the chairs in the cultural hall are up, let's go! and we bolt for the door. But Jake also knows that I need social time and I want to make friends here, so he's been making an effort. When it's been a while since we've seen our friends, Jake suggests that we that we do something with them, even though I know he would rather stay home in his jammies and watch some netflix. He also has joined the church ball team and goes each Tuesday night. He gets to play basketball, and I'm happy to know that people in our ward actually know who we are.

No comments: